Snickers Salad Dessert Recipe
I don’t know about you, but I have a big extended family. On both sides. And since main courses are usually taken care of at family get-togethers by aunts and uncles, I usually like to bring dessert. For a big group, I needed a dessert that was relatively easy, inexpensive, and able to be made in bulk. Snickers salad was just the solution.
Ingredients for Snickers Salad
- 4 apples (I used Granny Smith because the other ingredients are so sweet, but you could use any kind that you prefer)
- 6 regular sized Snickers (or substitute an equivalent amount of fun-sized Snickers)
- 1 16 oz. tub of Cool Whip
- 1 5 oz. package of vanilla instant pudding (do not prepare as the box instructs)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Caramel topping
How to Make Snickers Salad
- Mix the pudding mix with 1/2 cup milk. The pudding will be thicker than normal, but that’s okay.
- In a bowl, combine the Cool Whip and pudding mixture. I found the whole pudding mixture made the fluff too vanilla-y, so I only added about 3/4 of the pudding mix. Add according to your liking.
- Chop the apples into small pieces.
- Chop the Snickers into small pieces.
- Add the apples and Snickers to the pudding mixture. Reserve a few Snickers pieces for topping.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Top with remaining Snickers pieces and caramel topping.
This dessert is perfect for making in bulk– just double or triple the recipe. Serve as a dessert (or as a side for a main dish, because salads are healthy, right?).